When deciding which college to go to for the next four years, its therefore valuable to visit the educational college you are considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student for each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Whom would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantageous asset of our admitted student programs throughout this next thirty days to try to envision what your USC experience might be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date is not until might 1, we already have students asking, ‘Where do I sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you choose to come to USC, listed here is an outline for the next steps to becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on the web at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for educational funding, if you have not already. Visit the Financial Aid section of our internet site to get more information about how to apply for school funding.
- Submit royal vegas redeem loyalty points your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you presented your application, thus you’ve got a better chance of having the type of housing you want the earlier you apply. Also if you’re not 100% sure you are coming to USC year that is next you can submit the housing application and $45 fee to put up your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summer. Orientation is a great possiblity to spend time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and opportunities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you will additionally register for courses with an advisor that is academic. You shall be in a position to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 business days once you distribute your commitment deposit.
- Send in your final high school transcript and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a score of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB higher rate exams. See our Office of Articulation website to see exactly which type of credit USC funds for the various AP and IB exams.
For those who have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answer your concerns and can’t wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last year’s freshman class!). We believe that having students from different countries around the world contributes to a good learning environment by enabling for various viewpoints and viewpoints to be highlighted within the class.
Certain courses on their own are even created around providing students with the opportunity to connect to pupils from other countries. For example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife university teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM, a top Mexican college, aswell as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software.
USC additionally ranks sixth within the nation for sending students abroad. We offer 54 programs in 29 nations, on every continent except Antarctica (maybe someday!) Students can go abroad for a entire year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. For example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company are able to satisfy leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a program that is 10-daypast destinations have included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife students can improve their Spanish language skills by investing a summer coping with a bunch family and taking courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students may also do research abroad through programs such as for instance Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides pupils utilizing the possibility to combine research that is inquiry-based international travel. For the weeks that are few students will stay on-campus and investigate a problem that is global in scope. They then travel towards the area they are researching, letting them round out their learning with hands-on discovery. This summer, Problems Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, merely to name several!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the global world with our 20 alumni offices overseas. Of late, we have opened an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase our collaboration with Brazilian researchers. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only carry on to expand its worldwide existence.
It is imperative that our students are exposed to various cultures, in addition to having the opportunity to experience those cultures first-hand as we become an increasingly globalized society. We may be called the University of Southern Ca, but our company is certainly a global place!